Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ten Years of Fatherhood

It's been ten years since my first child was born. I would like to say I have become a great father, but I think this is just one of those jobs that you keep on doing without becoming great. You can be good once in a while, but never great. Great is reserved for the mom, who rightly deserves the praise.

I thought about writing about my own dad here today, but that would take more time than what I have to give right now. Another blog for the future.... I can't believe how much love I have for my kids. It just hardly seems possible when you don't have children to realize that your heart will grow enough for the love you need to share with them.

Nora has been the source of tremendous pride so far these ten years. I know her best is far in the future. Taking on type 1 diabetes like she has for the past seven years has been amazing to see. I can hardly predict or imagine what the next ten years will bring for all of us in this party of five.

It should be fun.

No comments: